Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rain, Bring It

Dry Buddy = Happy Buddy
Oh, look at me. I'm so dry and fluffy.
Wet Buddy = Sad Buddy
Mean lady. Please send my picture to the ASPCA
Taking this dog out in the rain has been horrible. Not only do *I* get soaked but Buddy gets all prissy on me and refuses to pee in the rain. Fine, except YOU'RE A DOG and that's what you're supposed to do. Since then, I've been trying to find him the perfect raincoat and let me tell you, it's taken me 10 months to get the right size (b/c he runs away when I come at him with a ruler or tape measure).

Attempt #1: Too big.
Swimming in raincoat at 4 months.
Attempt #2: Too small. So tight his tongue is squeezed out of his mouth. I couldn't even get the bottom strap around his fatness.
Choking in raincoat at 7 months
Attempt #3: Finally the right size! But it was missing the fuzzy part of the velcro. Defective! After an email to Petco and a new shipment, we have...

Attempt #4: Juuuust right. He looks like the Gorton's Fisherman.
Ready to brave a storm, Cap'n!
I look ridiculous.


Perfect, right? Oh, but no. Yesterday was the first day we tried out the new raincoat and it was a disaster. I don't even know if I can talk about it right now.

Back to the drawing board.

4 comments:

lavenderpug said...

oh my gosh, so, so cute. i'm glad you took pictures of all the versions he has tried. i can't believe he doesn't like it--doesn't he know how adorable he looks?

Jennie said...

These pictures are too cute!

Annie said...

aww at least the rain coat looks good for pictures!

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

Aw, but he looks so cute in the last one. Shame it didn't work out.
Out of our 2 Westies, 1 likes the rain (aka doesn't mind it) and the other hates it. Benny is the one who doesn't mind it, he'll got out in the rain like nothing is different. Barney on the other hand hates getting wet. His ears go back and he looks at you, as if to say "I'll just hold it, k?" Good thing Barney is the one who likes to wear clothes! I should get him one of these :)