Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chocolate Brownie Cookies

I'm not really good at baking. When I do bake, I need a box mix. I craved chewy chocolate cookies the other day. Rather than finding a real recipe, I found one that modifies brownie mix with flour to make essentially thin brownies with my favorite part - the crunchy edge.

Here's what you need:
  • 1 box of brownie mix
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/4 cup vege oil
  • 3 tbs water
  • <1/2 cup flour
  • M&Ms or chocolate chips (optional, ended up not using them)

Combine ingredients. The recipe I found online called for 1/4 cup flour. I added that but felt the batter was still too liquidy (like for brownies instead of cookies), so I threw in another less than 1/4 cup scoop. I know, baking is supposed to be a precise science which is why I'm sooo not good at it. So bear (bare?) with me.

My hubs was helping me this time because he wanted to help cook and therefore not clean. Whatever. We decided to do a test batch with a couple of peanut butter M&Ms. In tasting, the M&Ms overpowered the brownie flavor and we'll save the bag for snacking. In the meantime, I also burned my thumb on the oven rack because I forgot to take a picture. The pic isn't even good. Blargh. See? Told you baking = not my thing.

During our test, the batter was left for a few minutes and stiffened which helped with the scooping. Do teaspoon-ish scoops onto your parchment lined baking sheet or silpat. 

let's just not say what these really look like. 
Bake 9 minutes at 350F. Let cool for 10 minutes.

And there you go. Chewy chocolate brownie cookies. Mmm. Tastes exactly how you expect - like brownies! An easy snack for a Saturday afternoon.

5 comments:

lavenderpug said...

those look delicious! and so easy!

Jessica said...

Annnndddd PRINT. :D

Jennie said...

mm these would be a good tday / xmas snack.. just need to put some holiday color on them :)

Jennie said...

@Jennie oooohhh, OR change it up and add peppermint extract to make them mint brownie cookies!

Annie said...

like the pics of the cookies!