Friday, October 1, 2010

I Miss You, Do You Miss Me Too?

My scarf, that is. She's been missing a total of 3 weeks now ever since sometime after we got back from the honeymoon. Look how happy we were together just a year ago:

It's still too early to mourn but I've already looked a few times in the usual places. I bought a new scarf today on a whim to try and make myself feel better.

But it just made me miss her more...and think of all the good times we've had together. All the times she's kept me warm on the airplane or made my outfit cuter. She was the perfect shade of pinky purple and matched everything. See?

She was a simple gift from an old high school friend who visited Prague once. And actually I've seen scarves similar to mine in many places. But somehow, *she* was softer and silkier, a little bulkier than other similar wraps. Here we are together last spring. Look how happy I am.

Oh, scarf. I hope you're just mixed in a pile of laundry somewhere at home. I treat you so carelessly throwing you around my purse, the closet, machine washing. You're so part of my everyday that I didn't treat you with the respect you deserved and now...I miss you.

Do you miss me too?

4 comments:

Jennie said...

i miss you.. not sure about the scarf though. you did wear it a lot! when i go to prague ... maybe i can get you a replacement :)

Annie said...

well at least you had some special memories together...:)

lavenderpug said...

oh, maybe scarf needed some alone time for a bit, and will turn up soon. did you look in all your honeymoon luggage? perhaps one of your sisters swiped it? hehe.

lobster said...

@lavenderpug: yeah it seems that way. neither of them seem to feel very sorry for me at all!