Friday, October 22, 2010

J.Crew Outerwear

J.Crew is having a 20% off outerwear promo!

Remember this navy coat with gold buttons I was eyeing? I tried it on in the store and give it a thumbs down. First, the navy was violet/purple and second, the collar was narrow (for what I wanted). It's a great basic peacoat if you're looking for one. I'm a fan of their stadium cloth coats.

Moving on...there is this green number that intrigues me. What do you think? Too green? It also comes in a really cute retro orange. But I already have my red lady coat from a previous season.

Here's how it looks on the model. I think it's not styled in the most flattering way on her and actually looks better buttoned up on the mannequin above. Maybe that means it's not a good coat to wear opened.


I also like this coat which has a more casual, weekend vibe. Too bad I already have a similar coat from Anthropologie. Here it is in sandstone and fatigue:

In New York, you need the hood. And the length. Especially when cold weather starts sneaking up on us.

Have you bought any fall coats this season?

1 comment:

lavenderpug said...

cute! i definitely like both of those buttoned up. but maybe that's because i'm uptight.