Friday, October 29, 2010

Wingardium Leviosa!

Warning: many dog photos ahead. He's the only thing I can take decent photos of these days.

Ok, so those of you who read this regularly know that I've been contemplating a Halloween costume for the dog. I wanted to buy the Yoda costume with the front legs but it didn't look too comfortable and I kept reading mixed reviews (yes, I know he won't wear it that long anyway but still). Instead I stocked up on $25 of felt and other craft items from Joann Fabrics and came up with?

Harry Potter.

I get these moments of craftiness (b/c believe me I am not crafty). I started with the glasses because that is what really sets harry potter  (hairy pawter? LOLOL) a part from the other wizards. Without the rest of the 'fit he looks kinda hipster, doesn't he?
Just like the rest of us, he falls asleep reading. LOLOL. 

The glasses are made of black pipe cleaners. The Hogwarts cape and Gryffindor scarf are made of your usual craft felt, which I find very useful for projects like these! More pics after the jump :)

Alohamora!
(I feel like I need to say that I'm not obsessed with Harry Potter in any way though I have read all the books and seen all the movies...)
Glasses got a little bent b/c he tried to paw them off
 A little more sad puppy here... 

 This was before I finished the whole costume. I call this "Nerd With Cape"

Expecto Patronum!


Casual Fridays:

I've officially reached a new level of crazy. Happy Friday!!!!

11 comments:

Try Anything Once Terri said...

This is about the cutest thing ever! EVER!! Love it!

lavenderpug said...

oh my god, that is amazing and completely adorable! i can't believe you *made* that. buddy's very lucky to have such a talented mommy. and heehee, i love the series of pics of him sleeping with the book.

Jennie said...

love, love loveee it! (esp casual friday)

MayLove said...

THAT IS ADORABLE!!GREAT JOB! I can't believe you made that either! Especially the glasses- that was brilliant! Pipe cleaners...is there anything they can't do?

Cathleya said...

AAAAAA So cute! Kudos for making an amazing costume this year! I didn't make Billie's because I'm not cool. :)

BigAppleNosh said...

OMG Buddy!! Hahahaha. He looks like a stuffed animal! So cute :)

Newport Nuptials said...

haha love it! :)

Jessica said...

That is PERFECT! Best furbaby costume I've seen yet. Hahaha

Katie said...

Ohhhh myyyy goshhhhh that is so freaking cute!!!!!!! I'm dying over here.

Ali @ His Birdie's Nest said...

OMG I cannot get over the cuteness!!! I die!

mintedlife said...

I'm dying!! He looks absolutely adorable!!