Monday, October 25, 2010

You're It! I'm Slow.

Both XOXO, C  at Classically Modern Nest and Ali over at His Birdie's Nest recently tagged me in the Internet's playground game of Blog Tag. I'm slow to respond but you all are about to find out a lot about me...

XOXO, C asks: list 7 things that you may not know about me

1. I have a birthmark on my (right?) buttock. It's shaped like the UK. I've been self-conscious about it since I was a wee tot but now embrace it (b/c what else would I do about it?)

2. If I wasn't in "finance," I'd want to have my own puppet show like Shari Lewis with Lamb Chop's Play Along. It would be about three dogs and a moose, unlikely but fast friends.

3. Back in 1993, I had the hugest crush on Jeremy Jordan. Do you even know who he is? He had one single (back when they had singles) on the first generation of 90210. He might have been the high school popular guy on Never Been Kissed.

4.  If I wasn't living in New York, I'd love to live in San Francisco.

5. I mostly eat my snacks alone. This way I can devour the whole bag of Cheetos without judgment. Except the orange face of guilt in the mirror staring back at me. Damn you, orange face.

6. I watch reruns of Gilmore Girls EVERYDAY on ABC Family. I wanted Rory to end up with Jess. I wish I could live in Stars Hallow.

7. I miss living with my family. Mom, Dad, and two sisters. We haven't all lived under the same roof since 1998. But then when all five of us get together in my small New York apartment, I miss it less. Ha!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ali asks:

1. What do you believe your best feature is, physical and personality?

Isn't it obvious? My mad writing skills. Just kidding and that doesn't even answer the question. I like my calves because they take me places fast and seem to be athletic even though I'm SO not. Personality wise...I try to be funny. I discovered sarcasm on a Myrtle Beach vacation when I was 10 years old.

2. What is your favorite dish to make?

While I personally haven't repeated any of my cooking experiments yet (that should tell you something),  I love making Chinese dim sum with my family as part of our Thanksgiving tradition (that along with watching the dog show). I'll post about it this Thanksgiving.

3. What is your favorite article of clothing? and why?

It used to be my pink sweatshirt hoodie because of the kangaroo pocket. But it got so old and used that I had to give it away.

4. What is the one gift you really hope to get for the holidays this year?

Another dog? Just kidding! That was last year. An iPad? Looks like a giant iPhone to me. Can I make phone calls on that thing?

5. What was your favorite blog post? and why? 

I haven't written anything worth favoriting yet. Sad!

6. Which blogger would you most like to have dinner with? and why?

Clotilde from Chocolate & Zucchini would be my pick. She's an "old school" food blogger and probably has a French accent. Plus she knows all these food secrets about Paris. How can you beat that?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Now, it's my turn to tag...since I saw these lovely ladies recently, you're It!

 And here are your questions:
  • What is your favorite movie and why?
  • If you played hooky one day in your city, what would you do? More importantly, what would you eat?
  • What is one thing that your significant other does that drives you crazy (in the good or bad way)?
  • Do you have a favorite holiday (any holiday, even Arbor Day!) tradition? If not, what tradition would you like to start this year?
  • If you had to quit the Internet for one day, would you survive?

Thanks for reading! I look forward to seeing your answers, Its!

6 comments:

xoxo, C said...

Okay, I've decided that this will likely be the creepiest comment you ever get on your blog. I too have a large birthmark on my right buttock/upper theigh area, although it's more shaped like a lily pad. :)

lavenderpug said...

oh lord, i have a birthmark on my left buttock. what is it with these buttmarks? heehee. love hearing more about you--you definitely have to document the next time you make dim sum with your family. that sounds incredible!

BigAppleNosh said...

I do not have a large birthmark on my right buttock, but thank you for tagging me anyway!

lobster said...

@xoxo, C: Oh yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one. And so funny that you have one too!
@lavenderpug: ok, now this is just getting weird. haha. You didn't mention what shape is yours?

mintedlife said...

Sean has one too! I don't, but at least that's one more person for you.

Annie said...

Do you really want an ipad? that's not under our Xmas budget...hahah. Even I learned something about you! Would you really choose to live in SF if you weren't in NYC?