Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Crumble Top Pumpkin Spice Muffins

It's a sunny Saturday morning in the fall. I'm hungry for breakfast...muffins? I like these muffins because they are fluffy, not too sweet, and have the crumble topping.

After I wrote most of this post I noticed...I used one CAN not one cup of pumpkin. Which explains why the muffins were so "fluffy." Still turned out ok but the muffins were probably softer than intended. This is why I do not bake

Recipe adapted here from Stephanie's Kitchen.

Muffins (makes 12):
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream (I used half and half since I had it leftover)
  • 1 cup pureed pumpkin 

Crumble Topping:

  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoons melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray regular muffin in with non stick spray. (I used paper muffin cups)

2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars until creamy using a hand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk and cream. Add pumpkin puree. Mix ingredients until just combined.

4. Use an ice cream scoop to divide batter into muffin tins

5. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumble. Sprinkle on top of each muffin. 

6. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. (My oven took 30 minutes)

    Me muffins look ridonk.

    4 comments:

    Jessica said...

    Um, hello delicious. I shall make you. MMMM

    mintedlife said...

    You had me at crumble topping. Mmmm...

    BigAppleNosh said...

    I just want to eat that last picture!

    lavenderpug said...

    your muffins look redonk good, that's what i say. i totally want to make these.