After I wrote most of this post I noticed...I used one CAN not one cup of pumpkin. Which explains why the muffins were so "fluffy." Still turned out ok but the muffins were probably softer than intended. This is why I do not bake.
Recipe adapted here from Stephanie's Kitchen.
Muffins (makes 12):
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (I used half and half since I had it leftover)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray regular muffin in with non stick spray. (I used paper muffin cups)
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars until creamy using a hand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk and cream. Add pumpkin puree. Mix ingredients until just combined.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to divide batter into muffin tins
5. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumble. Sprinkle on top of each muffin.