Redd has a menu of about 15 courses divided into lighter and heavier plates. We ordered five (2 lighter and 3 heavier) courses and shared family style between the three of us. It was more than enough.
- Yellowfin tuna and hamachi tartare, avocado, chili oil, fried rice
- Caramelized diver scallops, cauliflower purée, almonds, balsamic reduction
- Steamed pork buns, hoisin, vegetable salad
- Glazed pork belly, apple purée, burdock, soy caramel
- Roasted organic chicken, potato purée, braised chanterelles, liver toast
My favorite was the hamachi tartare with the puffed rice ("fried" is really a misnomer) - the vinaigrette was tasty and the yellowtail super fresh. The pork belly (both in the buns and glazed) was really good though could have used a rice side to cut the saltiness a bit. If anyone is curious, burdock is a root.
Scallops were cooked perfectly. Drool. By the time we got to the chicken, I was already full. Still, the skin was crispy and I enjoyed the potato puree and fall veggies (including my fave Brussels sprouts). I wasn't a fan of the liver mousse toast but then again I don't like liver. The portions were generous and the waitstaff friendly and knowledgeable making it a great outing in the warm weather.
Afterwards, we were too full for dessert (sad!) and tired (food coma) for winery hopping. Instead, we took some pictures at the winery across the street. I love the the orange fall leaves!
If you're in Yountville, check out Redd for a good meal.
6480 Washington Street
Yountville CA 94599