Now, you might think this post is about Brussel Sprouts since they are prominently featured here but I think they're just pretty.
I've declared in the past that I'm not an eggplant fan even though I admire it's nutritious qualities as well as it's reputation for tasting like whatever sauce it's in.
Like my chicken ventures though, it's time for me to conquer another culinary question mark. Since it was late on a weeknight, I cooked simply and roasted slices.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4" slices lengthwise (or thinner if you want crispier slices).
- Coat with olive oil on both sides
- Place evenly separated on baking sheet
- Season heavily with salt & pepper
- Sprinkle top with grated parmesan cheese
- Bake in 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until eggplant is browned / cheese is crispy.
Ok, fine, so I cheated with the cheese to make it taste good. The non-cheese ones were good too and I'd consider this mystery vegetable again.
I finished off my vegetarian meal with some roasted Brussel Sprouts and rice with mushrooms. I used oyster mushrooms this time. I'm sorry to say I'm too lazy to write about that. But I've also written about it before so check the archives if you're interested.
What vegetable scares you?