I made a Panko mixture...yes, I used parmesan again. Does it seem like I can only eat veggies this way?
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbs of grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt (after baking to taste)
2 beaten eggs for wet coating
Slice mushrooms into 1/4" slices. Put in colander and add a pinch of salt. Toss mushrooms in salt and set aside. This will release moisture from the mushrooms. After about 20-30 minutes (I took the dog out on a walk), lay mushrooms flat on paper towel. Take a 2nd paper towel and press on top to soak up the moisture.
1. Set up your work station. From left to right: your 2 beaten eggs, dry mix, plate to catch crumbs, baking sheet lined with parchment. Each plate should have a fork to ease the process.
2. Dip the mushroom in the egg. Shake off excess.
3. Coat mushroom in panko mixture. Use a spoon to press the panko into the mushroom. Use your fork to shake off excess.
4. Place on parchment paper.
5. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Flip mushroom pieces to ensure even browning.
6. Bake for another 10-12 minutes.
|Waiting in vain for me to drop a mushroom. Or cheese at least.|
I made a balsamic vinegar dip but decided it didn't need it. And by "dip" I mean I poured it out of the bottle.
Crispy, parmesan-y, mushroomy. In summary, super delightful.