Monday, January 31, 2011

What's for Lunch?

I'm in a major lunch rut. I eat at the same 4 places every week for the past 3 years and I'm tired of it. I've been trying to make my lunch and was inspired this tuna pasta salad recipe by Joy the Baker. My version below has canned tuna, elbow macaroni, cilantro, mayo, mustard, cherry tomatoes, and radishes.
I never really tried radishes but at 99 cents a bunch, I thought I'd give it a whirl. They're crunchy and mostly tasteless except for a slight bitter but fresh taste. I will add it to my repertoire. 

What's your favorite brown bag lunch? 

4 comments:

lavenderpug said...

that looks refreshing. i like the idea of tomatoes, radishes and cilantro to give it some pep.

Jessica said...

I can't remember if I've ever tasted a radish, if I have, it obviously didn't register enough for me to want it again! Haha! This sounds like a pretty good dish to me though, I'm a big fan of pasta salad. May have to give it a whirl. ;)

Daria said...

Yum! You're my culinary hero. The closest I've come to brown-bagging my lunch is making my selections carefully for my hand-tossed salad at the nearby deli!

Annie said...

Looks healthy and easy! I shall try it. ha ha.