Monday, February 7, 2011

Roasted Curry Honey Cauliflower

This is one tasteasy side dish (get it, tasty + easy? Anyhoo...)
The recipe isn't very exact because I winged it...that's what I love about cooking (v. baking). Adjust the seasoning to taste as you mix the ingredients.



Ingredients
Serves 4
1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets (ended up being 3 cups?)
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
splash of rice wine vinegar to thin out the mixture a little
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400F. Place rack near top of oven.

Whisk ingredients together in bottom of medium size mixing bowl. Cut cauliflower into bite size florets in as even size as possible. Toss in mixing bowl with sauce until evenly coated. Pour onto baking sheet making sure florets are evenly spaced.

Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes until florets are tender enough to bite into (I like it al dente). The bottom part of the florets touching the pan may be slightly brown and caramelized. Mmm.

I served this as a side to an easy weekend dinner of store bought rotisserie chicken. I'm semi-homemade aren't I. Damnit.

5 comments:

lavenderpug said...

what a great idea! kevin loves cauliflower so this would be a big hit.

Marissa said...

100% concur re: wingin' recipes, I fail at baking - miserably! This roasted cauliflower looks divine :)

Jessica said...

Cauliflower has to be my favorite vegetable...next to french fries. This sounds amazing!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa said...

That looks delicious!!

Annie said...

love cauliflower!