Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Eats Paris: Lunch at Ladurée

Ladurée, the Parisian patisserie mostly known for its macarons, also has a restaurant on the Champs-Elysées. My travel buddy and I indulged ourselves in the prix fixe lunch that included a main course and dessert for 29-ish euro.
 My travel buddy had a puff pastry filled with a chicken and mushroom sauce served table side.
 I had the coquilles (scallops) with black rice. Both dishes were very rich and buttery.
 Of course the best part was dessert! I ordered a mille feuille with fresh strawberries and cream. YUM.
 Travel buddy had a femininely pretty dessert of pastry, rose cream, and raspberries.
 The lunch was fun in a very french looking dining room with heavy drapes, chandeliers, all in pretty pastel colors, a girl's dream! Even the bathroom or "powder room" was worth a photo:
Where are our macarons? Well for that we stopped by the boutique downstairs to pick up a box to snack by the Eiffel Tower of course :)
All in all a fun girly French experience. The meal was a bit pricey and food comparable to other restaurants so if I did it again, I'd go for afternoon tea or dessert at the bar downstairs. Next time you're in Paris and dread the thought of trying to make a reservation in French, have no fear! Reserve for the restaurant online at the Fork - the French's answer to Opentable.

Ladurée
75 Avenue des Champs-Elysées
75008 Paris, France
Tel. 01 40 75 08 75

8 comments:

kelsey said...

I'm dying. I want to go there NOW. Yum!! And so girly. I love it.

BigAppleNosh said...

LOVE!! I want to eat there and pretend I'm dainty, ha!

lavenderpug said...

love that pick of you in the powder room. that's a powder room? whoa. i need to do some upgrading.

Jessica said...

My mouth is watering and I'm green with envy!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa said...

I am beyond jealous. If I showed up at Laduree, I would have photographed everything. Everything.

Nellie said...

soo pretty! I totally forgot to go to the bathroom when I was there. So fun!

Annie said...

the dessert looks amazing!! glad i got to see pics!

Katie said...

Wow...simply gorgeous! What a fun experience to have; those desserts are absolutely lovely.