Friday, August 26, 2011

Rainy Day Activity

I found my rainy day activity for the stormy weekend ahead:
Amazon.com
That's right. The 1996 BBC miniseries version of Pride and Prejudice. It's 5.5 hours of Jane Austen!!! I know that sounds like torture to some but so fun for me! And with the hubs away this weekend, I'll get to savor every minute of it without him lording over the remote trying to turn it off. I haven't watched this version in years and it even took a few viewings before I accepted the more recent Keira Knightley movie.

Buddy better get ready to hunker down for the weekend. I suspect he'll spend most of his energy barking at the English countryside horses.

Are you a Pride and Prejudice fan? Am I the only one excited about this? What about Colin Firth? 

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Looove Colin Firth. Love.

lavenderpug said...

squeeee!!!! i love this version! oh i loves it so much.

Bonnie Joy said...

I've been watching this same version lately :) Love it!

salpal said...

I am proud owner of this DVD! Lol. I love the Keira Knightly version, mostly due to the music. I bought the soundtrack too!

Try Anything Once Terri said...

My goal is to read all of Jane Austen's novels this year. I've read 4. I actually really like the Keira Knightley version and bought it from Itunes. Many people like this version, but I though it didn't get goo until about hour 3. Enjoy!! :)