Saturday, December 17, 2011

Lobster Rerun: Holiday Recipes

It's holiday baking time again! Nothing like the warmth of the kitchen mixed with Christmas songs and movies to ease you into holiday mood. We're only a week away from Christmas and treats are expected when I show up at my family's house! Here are some of my favorites from last year that I shared with you - I put them in order of difficulty in case you want to try one this year!

EASY
Peppermint Bark 
This recipe is way too simple and delicious NOT to try! Just melt a bunch of chocolate, add mint extract, and crushed candy canes! A crowd pleaser for sure.

SOME EFFORT
Chocolate Mint Ganache Cupcakes (and Cream Cheese Frosting)
The assembly might take some time but these cupcakes filled with a ganache surprise are extra decadent topped with a yummy cream cheese frosting.

GOTTA CONCENTRATE
Fleur de Sel Caramels
These nuggets of buttery caramel goodness are addictive especially with the salty topping. The hardest part of this recipe is paying full attention to the sugar carmelizing and waiting for it to get to the exact temperature. If you have the patience to do this right, the reward is well worth it :)

What's your favorite holiday treat? Are you trying any new recipes this year? 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not trying any new recipes this year but I love seeing all of the pinterest pics and ideas.

lavenderpug said...

yum! just look at all these delicious, festive treats you've made!

BigAppleNosh said...

Mmm, but I bet they're all easy to eat though! Drool.